My house has two coconut trees (Cocos nucifera). After seeing its condition my uncle from Madurai consulted one his friend, who has a PhD in Botany suggested some chemicals. So my uncle Mr. Jacob Francis brought them to Chennai last month. Its called Agronol, Growel Coconut Special, Manufactired by Annai Agro Chemicals, Tamilnadu. Net wieght is 1 k.g. Maximum retail price is Rs 75.00. The expiry is three years for the packed growel. It contains ferrous iron, manganese, zinc, boron and copper. For each tree yo need 500 gm of Growel which will give them the minerals for 6 months. So yearly you need a 1 kg per tree.
How to use it?
- Dig a half circle near the root are.
- Mix the chemical with 3 or for kgs of sand.
- Now you cover the hole with this sand Growel mix.
- On top of it fill the with normal sand again. pore some water.
Advantages of using Growel:
- Avoids the falling of coconuts when they are too small (young)
- Increases the number of coconuts per season
- Increases the size of the coconuts
After I saw the cover, I am imagining that I will also get at least 500 coconuts per tree for a season 🙂
Filed under: Chennai | சென்னை, Gardening | தோட்டக்கலை, go green | பசுமையாக்கல், Tamilnadu - தமிழ்நாடு | Tagged: Annai Agro Chemicals, boron, botany, Cocos nucifera, copper, ferrous iron, Growel Coconut Special, manganese, zinc |