When we were in Tirunelveli (திருநெல்வேலி) to attend my friend Sathyabalan’s (Tanjore friend) marriage, another friend Senthil gave an idea of quick trip to kanyakumari.
We hired a van from Tirunelveli to Kanyakumari. We reached Tirunelveli in train, the day before the marriage itself. My friend and brother Jeyaraman came to receive us at Tirunelveli railway station. When we reached the marriage hall, Satya was coming in a well decorated jeep. When he was about to enter in to the marriage hall some of his relatives started dancing and ashed Satya to dance. As if he never danced in his life he was standing very quietly.
Then there was some traditional marriage procedures (events) going on. We attended the function from the back side of the hall. Satya’s parents gave us a warm welcome and all of them were so excited to see Alan. Everybody was taking about Alan’s fear about crackers (10,000 wala), because when some them cracked some crakers in front of Staya’s vehicle Alan ran and hugged of Satya’s uncle.
Jeyaraman took us to the hotel where we have to stay. Morning we woke up early. We attended the wedding very happily. Then we had am awesome food. Breakfast itself rice with lots of vegetable side dishes. That time Senthil gave an idea of a trip to Kanyakumari. Immediately we arranged a van and traveled to Kanyakumari.
There we saw Gandhi Mandapam, Vivekanatha Rock …etc,. The same day evening we reached Thirunelveli again.
We travelled from Tirunelveli to Chennai again in train.
Morel of the trip:
- Always carry a couple of extra t-shirts, if you are expecting a surprise trip
- If you are traveling with your wife, ask them to carry the special clips which will hold their silk saree on the marriage day eve.
- If you are traveling with a kid, always advisable to carry some snacks and ample amount of water to drink
- Inform the friend about your short trip (for who’s marriage we are attending). Because most of those places will be consider as their local area. Definitely they will be in a good position to guide you.
- If you include few more new friend you could pool the money easily. Make sure that all the seats were occupied in the hired vehicle. (Go Green🙂 )
Filed under: marriage | திருமணம் / கல்யாணம், Tips and Tricks, Tour & Trip | சுற்றுலா & பிரயாணம், Travel - தூரப் பிரயாணம் / யாத்திரை Tagged: | திருநெல்வேலி, go green, kanyakumari, marriage, Sathiyabalan, Tanjore, Tanjore friend, Tirunelveli