பூ வைத்தல் நிகழ்ச்சி
I attended my cousin brother’s “Flower placing Ceremony” in Madurai last week. This function is to confirm that the bridegroom is for the bride. From Chennai we ( nine people) traveled in “Pandian Super Fast Express” to Madurai. We reached in time on Sunday morning and heired an auto to reach P&T nagar. I asked him how much I have to pay? He said Rs.100. When he reached the P&T nagar bus stop he started murmuring . I said ‘i will pay you extra money’, then he closed his mouth. Almost all the auto drivers are all this man. They will tell some amount and demand extra amount when we reach our destination.
I attended the Sunday Service Church in P&T nagar. Then we booked two call taxis and reached Thirunagar around 11:00 am.The function went well and we met lot our relatives.
What is Flower placing Ceremony?
Groom’s sister has to place Jasmin Flowers on bride’s hair to confirm that the girl belongs to their family. After the basic formalities got over, both bride and groom side parents will arrange a place to confirm the marriage arrangements (CSI Christians in Tamilnadu).
- The function started with a prayer. (Most of the time the bride side church pastors will do the prayers).
- Then a small message was given by the pastor. (The message of how to prepare for the marriage life according to the Bible will be preached).
- Bride and groom exchanged the bible. (Bride has to put his signature in a bible and has to hand over to groom. The same way bride has to put her signature in a new bible and give to groom.)
A heavy non – vegetarian lunch was served. Mutton Biriyani / Chicken Biriyani, Chicken Fry (Very rarely fish fry / fish curry), one sweet, onion with curd, daalchaa, white rice, rasam, moorr, payasam finally the ice-cream.
- Then all the OLD GOLDS (elderly persons) discussed about the date, place, church for the marriage.
Thanks giving was given by one of our relative.
Again a small prayer.
- Function ended with a happy mood.( Some people allow the bride and groom to speak and some people won’t).
- Through out this function most of the aunties will have another work in their mind. They will look for a bride or grrom for their son/daughter.
We returned to chennai with sweet memories.
Filed under: Golden Memories | மலரும் நினைவுகள், Madurai - Tamilnadu, Movie / Film / Cinema Tagged: | chennai, Chicken Biriyani, Chicken Fry, CSI Christians in Tamilnadu, Flower placing Ceremony, madurai, marraige in tamiladu, Mutton Biriyani, p&t nagar, Pandian Super Fast Express, tamil marriage, tamilnadu marriage, thirunagar